What should you know about home repair?
- Home repair involves identifying the source of the problem and providing a safe and efficient solution, so the issue is repaired correctly.
- Some home repairs can be easily carried out by the homeowner but if the required repair is something that you feel you are lacking the technical knowledge for or you question your ability to do the repair you should contact a licensed contractor to perform the repair.
- If you happen to be a first-time homeowner it is a good idea to establish and follow a maintenance schedule to manage your household maintenance, protect your investment and prevent future problems.
- ALWAYS BE SAFE – Most homeowners want to perform maintenance themselves to save money. There are however many areas of home maintenance that professionals should address. Electrical work of any kind or climbing on a roof can prove to be a dangerous or deadly activity. These tasks should be left to the professionals.
Where should I start when considering maintaining my home?
- A good place to start is to create A Seasonal Maintenance Checklist. There are many checklists created by other homeowners that can be found today on the Internet. They may not be exactly what you need but it is a good place to start your own checklist.
- Safety should be a priority on your list. Smoke Detectors(Battery Replacement) and Carbon Monoxide Detectors should be present and working on every level of your home.
- Your roof and eavestroughs are the next important items. If these areas have any issues that allow water to get into your home, your investment will be damaged very quickly.
Is a checklist necessary?
- A checklist will ensure that the necessary home maintenance tasks have been done.
- You will save money in the long run and extend the life of your appliances.
- You will know you are taking care of your home the proper way.
- Taking care of your home improves your home’s market value.
A knowledgeable contractor that you can trust is able to perform many of the required maintenance tasks required. If a certain task requires a specialized professional your contractor should be able to recommend or provide you with the contact information you need.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULT
Let us Fix that For You.
A home repair will grant you the peace of mind to enjoy your home to the fullest.
Randy completed a bathroom reno for me and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. He always kept me up to date on what was happening and when he would be working on my project. I never had to wonder when he would be coming as he always came when he said he would. His attention to detail made you feel like he was doing work for his own home. I have had many compliments on the finished product would recommend Randy for your reno project.
Randy installed hickory hardwood floors, all new casing, baseboards, and interior doors throughout the home. He was very detail-oriented and was only satisfied with a perfect job. Highly recommend.
Bob & Evelyn Mayo
Randy has completed many renovations for us from drywalling, painting, and hardwood floor installation to a complete bathroom renovation and structural repairs in our garage. He is knowledgeable and very pleasant to work with. Whatever we requested Randy to do, he completed efficiently and meticulously, paying attention to details thus ensuring a high-quality end result. He was always prompt in communicating via e-mail or text. We will continue to use Randy’s services and highly recommend RLB Home Improvements & Renovation for your next project.