What is a considered structural change when doing a renovation?
- Anything that involves removing a wall or support structure in your building or home.
- Remodel that involves fixing, changing, removing, or adding any load-bearing elements.
Why should you get a professional to help determine what you want is possible?
- If you are an average homeowner, you may not always know which elements of your home are structural or which are merely serving other purposes.
- A poorly done structural alteration can end up causing roof issues, foundation concerns, impact floors, crack other walls, and in very bad situations the lack of support could cause further structural damage.
What other reason might you have for doing a structural change?
- The most common reason for a structural change is that the homeowner wants to open the space making that area of the home more inviting.
- Maybe it’s simply to improve comfort and better use the available space
- Add extra room or additional living space
- Improve available natural lighting
- Maybe it’s just a good investment to improve your home’s market value.
Remember that coupled with the right information, direction, and guidance from your contractor, the proper structural changes can greatly enhance your home’s usefulness, and of course, value.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULT
Let’s Transform Your Home.
A structural renovation can help you create a space that suits your needs and increases the value of your home. We can help you transform your space to an open-concept, welcoming and modern home.
Randy completed a bathroom reno for me and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. He always kept me up to date on what was happening and when he would be working on my project. I never had to wonder when he would be coming as he always came when he said he would. His attention to detail made you feel like he was doing work for his own home. I have had many compliments on the finished product would recommend Randy for your reno project.
Randy installed hickory hardwood floors, all new casing, baseboards, and interior doors throughout the home. He was very detail-oriented and was only satisfied with a perfect job. Highly recommend.
Bob & Evelyn Mayo
Randy has completed many renovations for us from drywalling, painting, and hardwood floor installation to a complete bathroom renovation and structural repairs in our garage. He is knowledgeable and very pleasant to work with. Whatever we requested Randy to do, he completed efficiently and meticulously, paying attention to details thus ensuring a high-quality end result. He was always prompt in communicating via e-mail or text. We will continue to use Randy’s services and highly recommend RLB Home Improvements & Renovation for your next project.